1. Oh sorry! What a sad mistake! - __________ !
Not at all Pleased to meet you You're welcome That's all right
2. They've been looking for you _________ .
in all places everywhere anywhere for all places
3. Is it __________ that you will buy a new car?
true simple sorry able
4. Father is ________ , he can't go for a walk with you.
bought sold busy drew
5. When you speak slowly, I _______ you, when you speak quickly, I don't.
introduce realize understand listen
6. It was quite _________ when we got back from the trip.
past late last letter
7. We must _________ quickly in critical situations.
laugh feel wait act
8. What time is the first _________ of the film?
show play performance program
9. Why have you _________ the book so long?
belonged eaten changed kept
10. Don't wait for me if you ___________ .
have speed are in speed have a hurry are in a hurry
11. Can he _________ English?
speaks speaking speak to speak
12. John speaks English, but ________ ?
does Margaret speaks Margaret Margaret speaks Margaret does
13. What time________ lunch?
does Jack has Jack has do Jack has does Jack have
14. _________ you written the letter to our teacher?
Shall Will Have Having
15. When __________ her homework?
Ella usually does does Ella do usually usually does Ella does Ella usually do
16. If you work hard, you _________ your exams well.
pass will pass have passed passing
17. His son is_________ .
so old as yours as old as your one so old as your one as old as yours
18. I'm sorry that I had to stop our conversation __________ the telephone.
for answer for answering to answer to answering
19. He has three children, ________ he?
don't doesn't haven't hadn't
20. All the questions of this test should ________ .
answer to answer be answered to be answered
21. My mother ________ too young to do this work.
are does is has
22. He _________ friends in many towns.
is are have has
23. Do you need ________ new job?
the a an -
24. Janet sat down on________ chair. ________ chair was near the window.
the/The the/A a/The a/A
25. She's much________ her sister.
taller that more tall than taller than more tall that
26. The building is very high, but _________ windows are small.
his her their its
27. He left _________ standing in the street.
my me mine I
28. I must _________ these sentences into English.
to translate translate translating translates
29. The sentences were too difficult _______ .
translating have translated translate to translate
30. He ________ a letter to his friend yesterday.
wrote beside in front of next
31. Everyone in the office has to be ________ by 8 o'clock.
in job at work in work at job
32. Peter is not at the university now, he ________ in his room.
read was reading is reading has read
33. He ________ taking his exam just now.
will has is was
34. Must we _________ the poem by heart.
to learn learning learn being learned
35. Has Fred got his books now? Yes, my brother ________ yesterday.
has given them to him gave them to him gave to him them has given to him them
36. Where _______ on Sunday?
do Mike do Mike goes Mike does go does Mike go
37. ________ you read anything by Dickens?
Are Were Have Was
38. They invited him yesterday, but he_________ .
didn't yet say that yes didn't yet say yes hasn't yet said that yes hasn't said yes yet
39. If I _________ James I _________ happy to give him the present.
will see - am see - will be see - am will see - will be
40. Is Mary _________ Pam?
taller that so tall as taller as tall as
41. Ask him to go to this shop _________ some food
in order he buys for buying to buy for to buy
42. She'd written that before, _________ ?
didn't she wouldn't she hadn't she shouldn't she
43. Your answer _________ to that question is incorrect.
give given gave giving
44. He _________ a bad mistake.
did went put made
45. You must _________ before you answer.
belong think happen like
46. The ________ autumn leaves of red and gold lie on the wet ground.
fallen famous risen mistaken
47. Everybody enjoyed the film __________ me
unless not except although
48. Have you visited your parents? _________ .
Not yet Not ever Already Ever
49. There is an old apple-tree _________ the house.
in between behind through
50. He won't be able to lift it __________ we help him.
but unless when or